10.2 List of wishes for tbook
The following things would be very nice for an upcoming tbook
release. If anyone wants to help with this, please contact the tbook
- A new program called tbmake that replaces all other programs. It
would work a little bit like MikTeX's `
texify' or a classical
make implementation. It would do everything that is necessary to
bring the current document up to date, including index, bibliography,
and graphics in all needed formats.
- Better support for AMSTeX features, in particular its very good
abilities to align stacked equations.
- Switch to the KOMA LaTeX document classes. This would make
configurability even better and make everything more homogeneous.
- Support ConTeXt as another output format.
- Support OpenOffice XML file format as another output format.
- Make tbook an XSLT 2.0 application that doesn't use any Saxon
specific code anymore.
- Different “skins”, i.e. nice layout styles for LaTeX, and CSS
- Better meta data in the head of an tbook document. Author, date,
keywords etc. are not enough. It may make sense, too, to include XSLT
parameters in the tbook file, although the XSLT processor may ignore
- Allow for further image kinds, e.g.
screenshots will be PNGs, so they are stored in a lossless bitmap image
format. SVG may be an interesting extension, too.