2.3.3 Installation process from sources in detail
In the following I describe what happens exactly when running
make install (unless, of course, you've changed some paths,
which you probably will have to). You may read this only if you are
really keen to know it.
- Unpacks all files contained in the DTX files via docstrip.
- Creates the BibTeX style files using the custom-bib
package1 and copies them to
- The files tb??l.bst (with ?? being the language) are
for LaTeX output.
- The files tb??h.bst (with ?? being the language) are
for HTML output.
- Builds the binaries tbrplent, tbcrent, tb2xindy
and bibfix from the sources.
- tbrplent is a filter program that scans for non-ASCII
UTF-8s in the input stream and creates decent LaTeX
macros or, if possible, Latin-1 characters for the output
- tbcrent is a helper that creates the resource file for
tbrplent, starting from XML entity files. Maybe you'll never
need to run it.
- tb2xindy is a scanner to teach xindy digesting XML
- bibfix is a filter that transforms BibTeX's XML output
into (hopefully) real XML.
- Copies these files into /usr/local/bin.
- Copies the four shell scripts tbtolatex, tbtohtml,
tbtodocbk, and tbprepare into /usr/local/bin, too.
- tbtolatex takes a tbook XML file name (without the
.xml extension) and creates via Saxon and tbrplent a
LaTeX input file.
- tbtohtml does the same thing for HTML output.
- tbtodocbk does the same thing for DocBook 4.2 XML
- tbprepare is used once, when you start a new
document. It copies needed files into the current directory and creates
a template tbook XML file to start with.
- Creates the directories
- Copies the LaTeX input files t1pcrv.fd, tbook.sty
and tbook-pl.sty into .../texmf/tex/latex/tbook.
- t1pcrv.fd and ts1pcrv.fd are an alternative version
of Adobe Courier, because it's just too big.
- tbook.sty is the mandatory package for all generated
- tbook-pl.sty (“tbook plain”) is an example style
package for generated LaTeX files.
- Copies the tbook XML files tbook.dtd, tblatex.xsl,
tbhtml.xsl, tbdocbk.xsl, tbtoltx.xsl,
tbtohtml.xsl, tbtohtml4.xsl, tbtodb.xsl,
tbcommon.xsl, hmml2dst.dtd, tbents.txt and
tbtmplte.xml to /usr/local/lib/tbook.
- tbook.dtd is the tbook XML DTD.
- tblatex.xsl is the XSLT for tbook => LaTeX.
- tbhtml.xsl is the XSLT for tbook => XHTML.
- tbdocbk.xsl is the XSLT for tbook => XML DocBook.
- tbtoltx.xsl, tbtohtml.xsl, tbtohtml4.xsl, and
tbtodb.xsl are so called driver files for the above two
stylesheets, see below “Configurability”.
- tbcommon.xsl contains shared code for tbhtml.xsl
- hmml2dst.dtd contains an awful hotchpotch of MathML2's
DTD, it's entities and HTML's entities. It's only needed as long as XML
tools have no catalog feature.
- tbent.txt is created by tbcrent and needed by
tbrplent. It contains the Unicode => LaTeX
- tbtmplte.xml is used as a template XML file for the
launch of a new document project.
- Copies the xindy style files tblatex.xdy,
tbhtml.xdy and tbook.xdy to
- tblatex.xdy is the xindy style file for a LaTeX
- tbhtml.xdy is the xindy style file for an HTML index.
- tbook.xdy contains shared commands for both index
- Copies the manpages to /usr/local/share/man/.
- Copies the Info file to /usr/local/share/info/.
- Copies the DTD in browsable HTML format to